What is an Accumulation Conveyor?
An accumulation conveyor is a type of conveyor system designed to control the flow of products on a production line. It works by using sensors and software to regulate the speed of the conveyor and create gaps between products, allowing them to accumulate without colliding. Accumulation conveyors are used in manufacturing, packaging, and material handling industries to move products along the production line smoothly and efficiently.
Benefits of Accumulation Conveyors
Accumulation conveyors offer several benefits to businesses looking to improve their production line. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased Efficiency: By allowing products to accumulate without colliding, accumulation conveyors increase the speed and efficiency of the production line.
- Reduced Labor Costs: Accumulation conveyors require less manual labor to operate than traditional conveyor systems, reducing labor costs and increasing productivity.
Increased Safety: With sensors and software to control product flow, accumulation conveyors are safer for workers to operate, reducing the risk of accidents and
- Improved Product Quality: Accumulation conveyors help to prevent damage to products by reducing the likelihood of collisions or other forms of damage during the manufacturing process.
- Greater Flexibility: Accumulation conveyors can be customized to meet the specific needs of a business, allowing for greater flexibility in production line design.
- Improved Throughput: By maintaining a consistent flow of products, accumulation conveyors can help to increase throughput and reduce cycle times, improving overall productivity.
Types of Accumulation Conveyors - Minimum Pressure and Zero Pressure
There are two main types of accumulation conveyors - minimum pressure and zero pressure - each with its own unique advantages and disadvantages.
Minimum Pressure Accumulation Conveyors: In a minimum pressure accumulation conveyor, products are accumulated with a small amount of pressure, just enough to move the product along the conveyor. This type of conveyor is ideal for products that are durable and can withstand some pressure. Some of the benefits of minimum pressure accumulation conveyors include:
- Faster speeds than zero pressure accumulation conveyors
- Lower overall cost due to reduced equipment requirements
- Ability to handle a wider range of product sizes and shapes
Zero Pressure Accumulation Conveyors: In a zero pressure accumulation conveyor, products are accumulated without any pressure, using sensors and software to control product flow. This type of conveyor is ideal for products that are fragile or easily damaged. Some of the benefits of zero pressure accumulation conveyors include:
- Reduced risk of product damage or loss
- Greater accuracy in product placement
- Improved worker safety due to reduced risk of product collisions
Accumulation conveyors are an essential component of modern production lines, providing businesses with increased efficiency, reduced labor costs, improved safety, and greater flexibility. With two main types of accumulation conveyors to choose from - minimum pressure and zero pressure - businesses can select the best solution to meet their specific production needs and improve their bottom line.
Why LD Systems for Accumulation Conveyors?
Customers choose LD Systems because we are an integrator that always puts the customer first. When you buy automated conveyors from LD Systems, you’re getting more than an integrator – you’re getting a material handling partner.
Contact Us to discuss your conveyor system needs.