The use of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) has evolved significantly since their inception, initially serving as a means of horizontal transportation but now serving various functions to enhance warehouse efficiency. Autonomous lift trucks, a form of AGV, have the capability to automate the retrieval and transportation of pallets and other materials without human intervention. By utilizing the entire vertical space of the warehouse, AGV lift trucks from LD Systems can store and retrieve pallets from high-bay racking.
Applications of Autonomous Warehouse Vehicles
AGV lift trucks usually operate along a predetermined route, expediting and streamlining the repetitive transfer of materials. Their most suitable applications involve tasks that necessitate minimal or no human decision-making, including transportation, sorting, distribution, and order fulfillment. Numerous types of lift trucks can be tailored to match the distinctive requirements of your facility. They can be designed to manage loads of all sizes, small or large, and can be constructed in a range of sizes and capacities. Utilizing AGV trucks provides a dependable and adaptable alternative to other transportation methods, increasing safety, productivity, and profitability.
The Benefits of an AGV Transportation System
Robotic lift trucks offer several advantages within warehouse processes, including:
- 24/7 performance for faster production times and smoother workflows.
- The ability for many AGV lift trucks to run two shifts on one full charge, with opportunity charging between tasks to increase run time and ensure lift availability across all shifts.
Other benefits of autonomous lift trucks include:
- Reduced labor and production costs, as AGV trucks mitigate the cost of finding and onboarding new workers and lower movement costs per pallet and per case.
- Alleviated ergonomic impact, as AGVs reduce repetitive, physically demanding tasks and are in high demand in distribution centers with repetitive and routine pallet movements.
- Heightened productivity, as AGV trucks can assist with tasks such as moving products off a truck and relocating containers in pallet quantities.
- Elevated working conditions, as AGV trucks handle tedious and repetitive tasks, freeing up the workforce to focus on more important business operations.
- Streamlined workflow, as investing in an automated vehicle reduces barriers like conveyors and improves traffic. AGVs are also entirely scalable, enabling a
smooth workflow even while the organization grows.
- Improved safety, as many AGV lift trucks are equipped with safety sensors that protect products, facilities, and the workforce. Robotic lift trucks help protect
shelving, loads, pallets, and other trucks as they navigate more accurately and safely than manned forklifts.
Automated Guided Vehicles for Material Handling
When you choose LD Systems for a custom automated guided vehicle, you'll work with a company that has been providing industry-best solutions to material handling operations since 1997.
Our team of experienced engineers will design your system with increased productivity and reduced labor costs in mind, ensuring a reliable return on your investment. We are committed to supporting you throughout the purchasing process, from the initial consultation to implementation to post-installation support.
At LD Systems, our mission is to help grow your business and increase profits by offering the market's safest, most innovative, and efficient material handling equipment.
Learn More About Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) from LD Systems
If you’re ready to discuss whether an automated guided vehicle is the right next step for your facility, we want to talk.
Contact Us today to set up an initial consultation.